Vrischikam Masam, is the highly auspicious malayalam month for God Ayyappa Devotees. The 41-day Sabarimala Vratham starts on Vrischikam 1 which is popularly known as Mandala Kalam.
Neypayasam or Aravana payasam is one of the special dish prepared as an offering for God Ayyappa.
Yesterday it was Vrischikam 1. So I thought of preparing Aravana payasam in the evening. And as it is my blog's 2nd Anniversery I thought of posting it over here.
1. Water - 3 glasses
2. Broken or normal red raw rice (unakkalari) - 1 cup
3. Jaggery - 250 gm melted and strained(if you wish you could add more sweet
4. Ghee - 2.5 tbsp
5. Green Cardamom - 3 crushed
6. Fresh coconut cut into slices - 1 tbsp (optional)
7. Cashew nuts - 10
8. Fresh ginger - 1 tbsp gratted